At SOOMA we believe in producing great quality products by using the best materials available, expert craftspeople and following a strict quality assurance process. However, even with this level of care, sometimes things can go wrong and so all of SOOMA’s products come with a comprehensive warranty, giving you hours and hours of peaceful dream time. Accordingly, SOOMA provides the following warranty in relation to its products.
The benefits of this warranty are in addition to any rights and remedies imposed by Australian State and Federal legislation that cannot be excluded.
THE SOOMA WARRANTY
Subject to the exclusions and limitations below, SOOMASLEEP Pty Ltd, ACN 609 195 799 (SOOMA) warrants that the Products will be free from defects in workmanship and materials for the relevant Warranty Periods under this Warranty.
This Warranty covers the original customer only and it is not transferrable if the Product is on-sold by the original customer.
If a defect covered by this Warranty appears before the end of the relevant Warranty Period, SOOMA will repair or replace, as it considers appropriate, your Product within a reasonable period of time after receiving the Warranty claim.
If a defect appears within the first year of use of the Product, SOOMA will bear all freight costs in connection with the Warranty claim and the repair of the Product.
If a defect appears after the first year of use of the Product, you will bear all freight costs in connection with the Warranty claim and the repair of the Product.
||10 years form date of purchase
In order to make a claim under this Warranty, you must notify SOOMA of your claim within 30 days of the defect becoming apparent (using the contact details listed below).
Any Warranty claim must be accompanied by the receipt or proof of purchase, full details of the alleged defect and any other documentation reasonably requested by SOOMA.
You must make the Product(s) available for inspection and testing by SOOMA or its authorised agents. If such inspection and testing finds no defect in the Products or workmanship, then you must pay SOOMA’s costs of service work, evaluation and testing.
WARRANTY LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS
This Warranty only covers:
- any mattress and / or pillow, under normal use, demonstrates signs of defects, such as splitting, cracking or breakdown of foam;
- any mattress that, under normal use, demonstrates visual indentation or sag of more than 25 millimetres when no weight is applied to the top of the mattress; and
- defects to any mattress and / or pillow that, on inspection by SOOMA or an authorised agent, are deemed to be caused by a manufacturing issue, either in relation to the material or the fabrication.
This Warranty does not cover any:
- mattress and / or pillow that SOOMA considers is stained or in an unsanitary condition;
- damage to or defect in any mattress that SOOMA considers is caused by the mattress’ positioning on an inappropriate slat base (for example, a slat base in which the slats are more than 70 millimetres apart);
- damage to or defect in any mattress that SOOMA considers is caused by a mattress base that does not provide even or adequate support, or that has defective surface or slats (whether metal or timber);
- damage or defect that SOOMA considers is the result of normal use, wear and tear;
- damage to any Product that SOOMA considers is caused by any mishandling, misuse, abuse, accident or neglect, including without limitation, any dragging or jumping on the Product;
- damage to or defect in any Product that that has arisen due to the failure to properly maintain or use the Product in accordance with SOOMA’s instructions and recommendations, including without limitation, the Mattress Care and Pillow Care instructions set out in this Warranty;
- damage to or defect in any Product that has been subject to abnormal conditions including fire, flooding, pressure, stress or similar;
- damage or defect that SOOMA considers has been caused as a result of any non-domestic use or any other form of improper use;
- any mattress that has been overloaded, as SOOMA’s mattresses are tested to a total combine weight for two people of 240 kilograms;
- routine maintenance items;
- damage or defect that that SOOMA considers is caused by any improper care and / or cleaning; and
- unless expressly stated otherwise, any right to be reimbursed or compensated for any physical or financial injury, loss, damage, expense, time or inconvenience (whether direct or indirect) arising out of a defect in any mattress or your inability to use any mattress.
In order for any Warranty claim regarding a SOOMA mattress to be valid, you must adhere to the following general maintenance requirements:
- Protect the mattress from direct sunlight at all times.
- Ensure the mattress is always fully supported on a stable base, with slat spaces that are no further than 70 millimetres apart.
- Always use a mattress protector.
- Rotate your mattress on a monthly basis.
- Vacuum the mattress on a regular basis using a low suction setting.
In order for any Warranty claim regarding a SOOMA mattress to be valid, you must adhere to the following cleaning requirements:
- Always unzip the mattress cover to remove it for washing.
- Themattress covertop and border may be washed by hand or machine-washed on a gentle cycle in water up to 60 degrees Celsius.
Do not wash the bottom panel of the mattress.
Do not attempt to remove the inner mattress cover.
- A small amount of fabric stain remover may be applied on the mattress cover for spills and stains before washing.
Do not soak the mattress cover.
- For spills or stains on the mattress, spot clean only by rubbing gently with a soft cloth and warm soapy water.
- Thoroughly dry the mattress cover and/or mattress in a flat position out of direct sun light or heat.
Do not use a dryer or iron.
- Ensure the cover and/or mattress is fully dry before reassembling or using.
Failure to comply with the above maintenance and cleaning requirements may void your Warranty.
RIGHTS UNDER THE AUSTRALIAN CONSUMER LAW
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
If you have any further question in regards to our Warranty please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.