Top Reasons why your Kids Need More Sleep
Everyone should sleep well during the night, be it kids, teens or adults. But, when it comes to kids and teens, they would need to sleep more than adults. Sleeping better would grant many a health benefit that makes the individuals better.
So, why is that kids need more sleep than grown-ups? How would lack of sleep affect kids? Let us take a look:
Sleeping better is the key to living healthy and happy. Kids who sleep well would be able to score good marks in exams and be better human beings. For sleeping better, they would also need the best mattress and pillows. Sooma Australia manufactures the best mattress and pillows that provide a good night’s sleep. Ourwashable memory foam pillows are thebest support pillow that money can buy. Sleep on our products and experience better health.
- Builds Brain Cells - Better sleep would build brain cells in kids and develop their cognitive ability. The human brain will be in a state of growth until the person reaches 21 years of age. Getting sufficient sleep consistently would help them reach their full potential.
- Improves Immunity - A strong immune system is necessary for kids to stay healthy and away from illness. Insufficient sleep would weaken the immune system and the body’s ability to fight diseases and illness would be greatly reduced. If your kids sleep well sufficiently, his immune system can ward off short-term, chronic and acute health problems.
- Repairs Cells - Sleep becomes much important when it comes to repairing and rebuilding cells. In kids, sleep plays a key role in releasing growth hormones, improving immunity, strengthening of the nervous system, metabolism and weight management.
- Improves Mood and Memory - When your kids are sleeping better, their ability for memory consolidation will be much higher. Memory consolidation is the ability of a person to store information and then recall it at a later date. Better sleep also helps in emotion stabilization, school performance and the capacity to learn.
- Better Neurodevelopment - Sleeping better in the early stages of life will reduce hyperactivity and impulsivity and help kids to showcase better cognitive performance.
- Helps Maintain Healthy Weight - Better sleep would greatly reduce the risk of obesity and overweight. When kids sleep less than the required amount of time, there is a 92% chance that they could be obese or overweight.