How Shift Workers can Sleep Healthy
One of the main things that people need to abide by in order to have a better sleep is to follow a sleep routine. This could be easily achieved by those who work day or for a fixed amount of time. So, what would people working night or changing shifts do in order to sleep healthy? Let us have a look:
- Practice Good Sleep Hygiene – Practising good sleep hygiene is the key to getting enough sleep. No matter whether you are working a night shift, you can always establish a regular bedtime routine and stick to it. Also, make sure that your environment is conducive to sleep by keeping your bedroom dark, cool and quiet.
- Straight to Bed after Work – Even if you reach home in the day time or so, it is recommended that you go straight to bed as soon as your shift is over. One of the factors that would keep us from sleeping properly would be light and so if you could wear sunglasses on your way home from work, it would help in greatly reducing the light exposure.
- Cut Back on Caffeine – Night shift workers would usually consume coffee to stay awake during the night. The best practice is to stop consuming caffeine at least 4 hours before the end of the shift so that you could give time for your body to metabolize it.
- Plan a Sleep Strategy – Understanding your work routine can help you to plan out a sleep strategy, which helps you have better quality and quantity of sleep. Apart from ensuring that your bedroom is conducive for sleep, also try to bring in white noise into your bedroom space so that any daytime noises in the rest of the house or outside would be drowned out.
- Talk about Sleep – It is always better to speak with your family members about your need for better quality sleep and assigning household tasks to each person. When it is possible to cut down family expectations, then there would be a significant reduction in stress and less tossing and turning on the bed.
- Keep Tech Devices away closer to Bedtime – As your bedtime approaches, it is recommended that you turn off all tech devices that could hinder quality sleep. The blue light from our favourite tech devices could stimulate the brain and prepare it for engagement, not sleep. It is recommended that you turn off these devices at least 45 minutes before going to sleep.
Healthy sleep would help in keeping you in the best health and can be achieved by following these tips, and also by sleeping on the best mattress. For the best mattress that provides you with the best sleep, you can purchase from Sooma. Sooma is a manufacturer of Australia’s best and most comfortable mattress Australia that is designed to provide you with the best sleep.
Sooma Mattress is specifically designed for busy people who don’t have time for a bad night’s sleep. Sooma Memory Foam Mattress Australia helps people achieve that sound sleep by easing away all the tensions and stress and be refreshed in body, mind and soul. Being Australia’s most comfortable mattress-in-a-box, you would plunge into the deepest sleep right away and you would keep on sleeping, sound and peacefully.
Purchase the comfortable and awesome Sooma Mattress from our online store and experience healthy and quality sleep. Sooma mattress is available in different sizes at the best rates in the industry. Shop now!